UPSC Exam 2023: Each year, the Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Exams are held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to select candidates for the respective posts.
On April 19, 2023, the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 notification will be made available on the UPSC website, upsc.gov.in. Up to May 9, 2023, you can fill up the online application.
On June 23–25, 2023, the UPSC will hold the IES ISS examination. Before applying, candidates who are interested in taking the exam must review the requirements, syllabus, and exam format.
UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 are as follows:
The applicant must be a citizen of either India, Nepal, or Bhutan. Also qualified to apply is a Tibetan refugee who entered India prior to January 1, 1962, with the aim of residing there permanently.
You may also apply if you are an Indian citizen who has moved to one of the following countries: Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the goal of settling permanently in India.
|Post Name||IES & ISS|
|Board||Union Public Service Commission|
|Location||All Over India|
UPSC IES ISS Exam Date & time 2023
|Date of Notification||19-04-2023|
|Last date of Application receipt||09-05-2023|
|Date of Exam||23-06-2023 (Friday)|
UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 Age Limit
|Maximum||30 years as on August 1, 2023|
UPSC IES ISS Educational Qualification 2023
- The candidate must have a Postgraduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized University.
- For the ISS, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subjects or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a recognized University.
UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 is as follows:
UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 Syllabus
|General English||The questions will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workmanlike use of words|
|General Studies||The questions will cover topics like Indian Polity and Governance, Economic and Social Development, International Relations, Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, Science and Technology, etc.|
|General Economics-I||Micro Economics Theory and Applications|
|General Economics-II||Macro Economics Theory and Policy|
|General Economics-III||Development, Planning, and Policy|
|Indian Economics||History of development and planning, Federal finance, Budgeting and Fiscal Policy, Poverty, and Unemployment.|
|Statistics-IV||Linear Models and Economic Statistics|
How to apply for UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023?
To apply for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023, candidates must follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link under the “Indian Economic Service / Indian Statistical Service Examination 2023” section on the home page.
- Read the instructions carefully and click on the “Yes” button.
- Fill in the required details and submit the form.
- Pay the application fee through online mode (debit/credit card or net banking).
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
For more updates about India’s Government’s Latest Recruitment Notifications.
When will the notification for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 be released?
The notification for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 is scheduled to be released on April 19, 2023, on the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in.
What is the application process for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023?
The application process for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 will be conducted online, and candidates can fill out the application form on the official website of UPSC from April 19, 2023, to May 09, 2023.
What is the exam pattern for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023?
The UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 will be conducted in two rounds. The first round is a written exam that will be of 1000 marks, and the second round is a viva voce or interview that will be of 200 marks.
The application form for the UPSC IES ISS Exam 2023 will be available on the official website from April 19, 2023, to May 9, 2023. It is important to fill out the application form correctly and completely to avoid any discrepancies or rejections later on.